I spent a few hours at the gym tonight. I have not made a trip yet this week, so I had to play some catch up.
I started out with 30 minutes on the treadmill, alternating a quick walk with a sprint. 1 minute walk, 1 minute sprint. About half way. I did 2 minutes of walking, 1 minute of sprinting and eventually 2 of walking and 1.5 of sprinting. It kept my heart rate at about 136 (within my ideal cardio heart rate and fat burn zone) for the full half hour.
After that, I spent 25 minutes on the stationary bike then about 10 minutes each on the nautilus machines, and abs. I think I did 160 situps…
Anyway…I was gonna do a two week progress report. But I clearly forgot. So how about a three and a half week progress report instead?
Wedding Diet Progress Report:
- I joined a gym.
- I have been going at least three times a week.
- We have gone hiking twice.
- I have only had fried food once (three small crab rangoons, following our engagement photo shoot, because Mark said we were celebrating).
- I have had no ice cream.
- I have had neither hamburgers or french fries.
- Or onion rings or pizza.
- I have eaten lots of lettuce…and spinach.
- Yogurt is practically a whole food group now.
- I spend a LOT more money on groceries.
- I go to bed hungry most days.
- I attended my first ever kickboxing class.
- I feel like snack all day, but am still always hungry.
- I rather enjoy the gyms hot tub.
- I have lost five (or four) pounds (depending on the scale)
- I started using a sauna. It is hot.
- I drink meal replacement shakes (on occasion).
- I miss cake.
- This is my first before and after shot.